Please help me in this regard to understand and do well in handling these errors.
I got few doubts while I was reading this document.
1. how to the dump in CICS. which instruction is used to get it.
2. What is Task control Area. How to get it. Can u just elaborate it.
3. What are load point and entry point
4. How to look for the entry point of the program in LINKEDIT/BINDER listing.
5. What is module index and how to see the COBOL compilation listing
Is there any alternative way to this whole process.
To see the dump
1. go to spool and type owner region name( the region where you are running the cics program)
2. put a ? before that job you will see the dump as you normally see in an ordinary batch job.
3. Task control area is also seen in the dump.
4. Compiler listing is nothing but what you get in spool when you compile the program.
hope I clearified somewhat; if you still have problems let me know
Joined: 17 May 2005 Posts: 11 Location: India/chennai
If some program abends in any CICS region it craetes the dump in a file. If your system supports DUMPMATSER tool , u can find out the exact line where the program abended. Even u can get the value of the variables also , due to which program abended.