One of our table often went into deadlock. i want to know
1. who are all accessed the table at that time?
2. please let me know if there is any db2 system logs (with path name )showing "what are all the activities went on that table at that time"?
Joined: 23 Mar 2007 Posts: 149 Location: Ottawa Canada
As you said yourself - the DB2 logs will tell you...
1. Who suffered the deadlock or timeout.
2. Who caused the deadlock or timeout.
3. The table or resource that was locked.
Our various DB2 subsystems can be viewed in the same way as you would view a running batch job. For example, when I want to view our unit test subsystem I select the running job DBN5MSTR and view the log.
Note that in Unit Test, use of the debugger can cause deadlock/timeouts. A debug session can last 15 minutes or so and as a result the locks taken will stay in effect for that long...