Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Master the Mainframes
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 

 

Pass cond parameter to proc

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> JCL & VSAM
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gursharan Khalsa

New User


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Location: Salinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Pass cond parameter to proc
Reply with quote

hoe to pass cond parameter to proc through jcl, so that it is applicable to all the steps in proc
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

hborse

New User


Joined: 06 Feb 2007
Posts: 1
Location: noida

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply to: pass cond parameter to proc
Reply with quote

We can apply this as Stepname.Cond=new value
if i m wrong pls correct me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
murmohk1

Senior Member


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1439
Location: Bangalore,India

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Gursharan ,

Quote:
hoe to pass cond parameter to proc through jcl, so that it is applicable to all the steps in proc


If your job doesn't call anyother proc/prog other than this proc, use COND parmeter in the job card itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gursharan Khalsa

New User


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Location: Salinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to: pass cond parameter to proc
Reply with quote

hborse wrote:
We can apply this as Stepname.Cond=new value
if i m wrong pls correct me


it works, but for a single step only.i want for all the steps in the proc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gursharan Khalsa

New User


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Location: Salinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

murmohk1 wrote:
Gursharan ,

Quote:
hoe to pass cond parameter to proc through jcl, so that it is applicable to all the steps in proc


If your job doesn't call anyother proc/prog other than this proc, use COND parmeter in the job card itself.


ok,that will do,but what if the job calls two procs for that mater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
murmohk1

Senior Member


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 1439
Location: Bangalore,India

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Gursharan,

Quote:
but what if the job calls two procs for that mater?


Code on the exec statements.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agkshirsagar

Active Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 685
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

From the manuals..

Quote:
16.5.5 On EXEC Statement that Calls a Procedure





The COND parameter on an EXEC statement that calls a cataloged or in-stream procedure (a calling EXEC statement) will either override or is added to the called EXEC statements.



The COND on the calling EXEC statement overrides the COND on the called EXEC statement. If the called EXEC statement does not have COND coded on it, the COND on the calling EXEC statement will be added to the called EXEC statement.


Does that answer your question?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gursharan Khalsa

New User


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Location: Salinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

murmohk1 wrote:
Gursharan,

Quote:
but what if the job calls two procs for that mater?


Code on the exec statements.


i didnt quite get that.could u clarify a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agkshirsagar

Active Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 685
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

EXEC statements = EXEC PGM statements.
Exec calls = EXEC proc statements.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gursharan Khalsa

New User


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Location: Salinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

agkshirsagar wrote:
EXEC statements = EXEC PGM statements.
Exec calls = EXEC proc statements.


THEORITACLY I SOMEWHAT GOT UR FIRST ANSWER, BUT I M SORRY
I M NOT GETING THIS ONE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gursharan Khalsa

New User


Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 33
Location: Salinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

agkshirsagar wrote:
From the manuals..

Quote:
16.5.5 On EXEC Statement that Calls a Procedure





The COND parameter on an EXEC statement that calls a cataloged or in-stream procedure (a calling EXEC statement) will either override or is added to the called EXEC statements.



The COND on the calling EXEC statement overrides the COND on the called EXEC statement. If the called EXEC statement does not have COND coded on it, the COND on the calling EXEC statement will be added to the called EXEC statement.


Does that answer your question?



THANX I GOT IT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
agkshirsagar

Active Member


Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 685
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

I am happy that it helped you.. icon_smile.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> JCL & VSAM All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts JES2 JEC: Use UNIX Pipes to Pass Data... Virendra Shambharkar JCL & VSAM 21 Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:55 pm
No new posts DDNAME parameter mistah kurtz JCL & VSAM 6 Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:41 pm
No new posts Execessive parameter issue Sumeendar JCL & VSAM 5 Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:35 pm
No new posts TOT & DATE parameter in ICEMAN hemanthj642 DFSORT/ICETOOL 4 Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:19 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. How to pass the previous month date i... Suganya87 DFSORT/ICETOOL 5 Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:13 pm


Facebook
Back to Top
 
Mainframe Wiki | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Tutorials | Contact Us