TSQ - TEMPORARY STORAGE QUEUE,
TDQ - TRANSIENT DATA QUEUE
Both are used to transfer data between cics transactions.normally, through communication area via., we can transfer the data between transactions. if we use commarea for data transfer, i can pass upto 64KB data.for passing more than 64KB, we should use queue.
queues are nothing but sequential files.in queues, records are arranged sequentially.
Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 15 Location: Pune, INDIA
To provide more details...
1. TDQ is referred with only 4 characters.
2. TDQ is read-destructive (that means data once read from TDQ is deleted).
3. After the transaction is over, the TDQ is deleted automatically.This does not affect the EXTRAPARTITION TDQ used within CICS and BATCH.
4. We need to declare the TDQ in FCT and mention whether it is EXTRAPARTITION or INTRPARTITION.
1. TSQ is referred with 8 characters.
2. TSQ is not read-destructive, which means data is not deleted from TSQ when read.
3. TSQ is not auto-deleted when transaction is over.
4. We do not have to declare the TSQ before use, we just need to use unique names to refer to it.
So much for now.
Please clarify if anything is wrong.
Will post some more details, when I get my hand on it.