Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Master the Mainframes
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in



Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> General Talk & Fun Stuff
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message

New User

Joined: 13 Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Location: USA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: IT QUOTES!!! REALITY
Reply with quote

UNIX is simple. But It just needs a genius to understand its simplicity.
--Dennis Ritchie

Before software can be reusable, it first has to be usable.
--Ralph Johnson

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad
--Fred Brooks

Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work.
Practice is when something works, but you don't know why it works.
Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't
know why.

It's hard enough to find an error in your code when you're looking for it;
it's even harder when you've assumed your code is error-free.
-Steve McConnell Code Complete

The Six Phases of a Project:
Search for the Guilty
Punishment of the Innocent
Praise for non-participants

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are sure and the intelligent
are full of doubt.
--Bertrand Russell

No matter how slick (efficient) the demo is in rehearsal,
when you do it in front of a live audience
the probability of a flawless presentation
is inversely proportional to the number of people watching,
raised to the power of the amount of money involved.

C programmers never die. They are just cast into void.

If debugging is the process of removing bugs,
then programming must be the process of putting them in.
--Edsger Dijkstra

You can either have software quality or you can have pointer arithmetic;
you cannot have both at the same time.
--(Bertrand Meyer)

(Thoughtful Ones...)

There are two ways to write error-free programs; only the third works.
--Alan J. Perlis

Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft
building progress by weight.
--Bill Gates

The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development
The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the
development time.
--Tom Cargill

Programmers are in a race with the Universe to create bigger and better
idiot-proof programs
The Universe is trying to create bigger and better idiots. So far the
Universe is winning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> General Talk & Fun Stuff All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts To change double quotes into csv read... Robert Sample COBOL Programming 3 Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:13 am
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Put quotes in Symbolic parameter whil... Yashashri All Other Mainframe Topics 7 Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:24 pm
No new posts REXX EDIT MACRO unable to handle doub... anjali.bisht TSO/ISPF 10 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:55 pm
No new posts How to delimit data with '|' which ha... gch77 DFSORT/ICETOOL 5 Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:16 am
No new posts Using quotes in Symbolic Parameter seahawk789 JCL & VSAM 6 Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:19 am

Back to Top
Mainframe Wiki | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Tutorials | Contact Us