But I think the actual cause of your problem is that your site has changed the IBM shipped default of SOLRF=YES to SOLRF=NO (you can check that by doing an ICETOOL DEFAULTS run). That's really not a good idea.
If that's the case, then adding the following to your job should fix things up:
I need your help on some similar problem that I am facing. Though I can't send the input file record as its too big. My requirement is as follows.
Note: I have added the seperator just to seperate the data. There is no seperator in the actual file.
Now I want to merge these two files in such a way that the output file will look like this:
Here the last field i.e. the Birth Date from input file2 is merged to input file1. The key for both the input files is 5 chars from 4th position + 5chars from 9th position. eg. Name: ABCDE + Number: 12345.
In my Jcl I have used the Control Card for Input1 as
and for Input2
But this is not working. Please let me know if any solution
If you need more specific help, tell me the RECFM and LRECL of each input file, and what you want for output in cases where input file1 has a record without a match in input file2, and where input file2 has a record without a match in input file1.