Portal | Manuals | References | Downloads | Info | Programs | JCLs | Master the Mainframes
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index
 
Register
 
IBM Mainframe Computers Forums Index Mainframe: Search IBM Mainframe Forum: FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in
 

 

Query on DB2-REXX getting -924 error

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> DB2
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Author Message
vimalonline
Warnings : 1

New User


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Location: In front of my PC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Query on DB2-REXX getting -924 error
Reply with quote

Hi,

Consider the scenario, we have two LPARS namely TSOA1 and TSOB1.

DB subsystem DB2A is connected with TSOA1 and DB2B is connected with TSOB1.

I could successfully query the table in DB2A from TSOA1. But when i try to execute the same REXX from TSOB1, am getting -924.
Is there any way to overcome this problem in REXX.

Kindly help me in this regard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

William Thompson

Global Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3158
Location: Tucson AZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Did you look up the error in the Fine Manual?
-924 DB2 CONNECTION INTERNAL ERROR, function-code, return-code, reason-code
Explanation: Connection to DB2 has failed because of an unexpected internal error, identified by the 'reason-code'.
System Action: The statement cannot be executed. The connection to DB2 is not established.
Programmer Response: Look up the abend 'reason-code' in Section 4. DB2 Codes for further information. The requested 'function-code' and 'return-code' may provide additional information. Any attempts to issue SQL statements following the SQLCODE -924 will cause unpredictable results.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vimalonline
Warnings : 1

New User


Joined: 08 Apr 2006
Posts: 14
Location: In front of my PC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

William Thompson wrote:
Did you look up the error in the Fine Manual?
-924 DB2 CONNECTION INTERNAL ERROR, function-code, return-code, reason-code
Explanation: Connection to DB2 has failed because of an unexpected internal error, identified by the 'reason-code'.
System Action: The statement cannot be executed. The connection to DB2 is not established.
Programmer Response: Look up the abend 'reason-code' in Section 4. DB2 Codes for further information. The requested 'function-code' and 'return-code' may provide additional information. Any attempts to issue SQL statements following the SQLCODE -924 will cause unpredictable results.




itz showing -924 since am quering the table which is in another LPAR. is there any commands lik SCHENV in REXX so i can make the REXX to execute in another LPAR..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
William Thompson

Global Moderator


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 3158
Location: Tucson AZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

OK, in plain talk.... icon_rolleyes.gif
What was the reason-code?
What does Section 4. DB2 Codes say about it?
Does the function-code and return-code provide any additional information?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avaneendra_linga

New User


Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Posts: 73
Location: Hyderabad

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject:
Reply with quote

vimal me too getting the same problem....if you got the solution can you please let me know..?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sathya.P

New User


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 6
Location: chennai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply to: Query on DB2-REXX getting -924 error
Reply with quote

Hi All,
I too got the same error when i moved the db2 program to test region.
Their may problem with the bind process.
The thing this we need to check for the PLAN name which need to be same has the name of the program.
then need to rebind it.then try.
This wat i did.I execute the program successfully....& am sry if it was wrong.!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks,
Sathya.P
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Escapa

Senior Member


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 1399
Location: IL, USA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject:
Reply with quote

Quote:

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
vimal me too getting the same problem....if you got the solution can you please let me know..?

Sathya wrote:

The thing this we need to check for the PLAN name which need to be same has the name of the program.
then need to rebind it.then try.
This wat i did.I execute the program successfully....& am sry if it was wrong.!!!!!!!!!


What you are saying may not be wrong but I pray your message will reach to one who has posted this problem in may 2007
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    IBMMAINFRAMES.com Support Forums -> DB2 All times are GMT + 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Search our Forum:

Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts IDC2902I Error tzeche ABENDS & Debugging 2 Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:39 am
No new posts Need help with below DB2 error ashek15 DB2 3 Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:56 am
No new posts JCL to Set Return code based on DB2 S... vinu78 DB2 17 Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:47 pm
No new posts FINDREP Syntax Error seahawk789 DFSORT/ICETOOL 4 Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:11 pm
No new posts INVOKE WEBSERVICE error danik56 CICS 11 Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:52 am


Facebook
Back to Top
 
Mainframe Wiki | Forum Rules | Bookmarks | Subscriptions | FAQ | Tutorials | Contact Us