Joined: 17 Oct 2004 Posts: 190 Location: hyderabad
i have some questions on CICS,plz do reply me
1.why it's not good option to use UPDATE option in CECI to read files
2.what working storage section variables can be modified
3.if we issue
& the screen has some other map (like map5)..what happens
4.when is it appropriate to use MVS Return
only if system starting up
Any time the current task is linked to
when no other user logged on
Anytime there are other running tasks
can we issued at any time
5.How may colours does standard CICS terminal support
6.EXEC CICS IGNORE CONDITION
EXEC CICS HANDLE CONDITION
When will be the handle condition is invoked
7.what will be the effect of SYNCPOINT on program execution flow
(will it suspends all handle conditions..etc)
8.what is Task Manager window
9.what will be the effect of HANDLE AID on program execution flow,when key trapped is listed in it
Joined: 21 Mar 2005 Posts: 15 Location: Pune, INDIA
Here are the answers.
1. UPDATE will gain an exclusive control over the resource. It is intended only when you want to update the details of data. Should not be used for read, because then no one else will be able to access it.
2. What do you mean by this? Please provide more details
3. Sorry, no idea boss
4. No idea.
5. Not sure on this one, but you may use standard colors like - RED, GREEN, CYAN, BROWN, BLACK, WHITE, GRAY, YELLOW, etc (Remeber those jiggy TV computer games?)
6. Handle condition will not be handled since we have said IGNORE. Actually, what will happen is the first handle condition is accepted.
7. No SYNCPOINT will not affect the handle conditions, etc. It will only update all data for disaster recovery procedure. Whatever changes made to resources handled by CICS before syncpoint will be kept. All those after abend/region down/etc won't be kept.
8. Sorry, no idea
9. HANDLE AID basically captures the PF/PA key presses. Whenever a particular PF/PA key is pressed, then the corresponding DFHxxx will be set on (logical). For eg. when user hits ENTER then DFHENTER will be set on.
3. If you don't specify ERASE (I think NOERASE is the default) only the data portion of MAP1 is sent to the screen. I've never experienced this, but I think both the lable fields and the data fields of MAP5 will be overlaid by the data fields of MAP1.
The result would be a mess.
7. When a SYNCPOINT is issued all DTB file (this is feature is selected when the file's FCT is created, I think) updates issued since the last SYNCPOINT are made permenant. This means that this data will NOT be lost if the task abends from this point on. Remember that non-DTB files are NOT treated this way and these updates are lost.