I'm reading that input file, doing some processing and writing it into the output file.
But then the program abends when the process has completed some X number of records.
My questions are:
1. Whether the processed records(X) are written in ouput file or not?
2. If they are written, I want to restart the process from the record where the program abended.
3. I want to know how much records are getting copied into the output file without opening that output file.
Joined: 20 Jan 2007 Posts: 684 Location: Hollywood
There are different ways you can implement CHECKPOINT/RESTART logic.
To answer your question:
1. Really depends on your program logic, but if the program has executed the WRITE statement then the processed records are written to file, whether the dataset is deleted or retained depends on your JCL DISP option.
2. You can display a counter after writting a record to sysout/output file, (to track count of number of records written to output file). If the job abends you can look at the count and find out how many records were written to output file.
3. The above display count will tell you the actual number of records written to output file.