Joined: 13 Dec 2005 Posts: 154 Location: The Netherlands
Most of the mainframe installations have SPUFI wich would come along with db2 installation, QMF its more helpful to generate reports than SPUFI but its not a necessary for each an every Mainframe to have QMF, coming to platinum its a popular unload utility , used to unload and load tables, In general if there is requirement to use all these three utilities or more the company will have these installed in the Mainframe server.
1. SPUFI is just a quick and dirty SQL execution engine.
2. We can execute more queries at a time.
3. We know the sqlcode after executing the query. The result of the query will store in PS or in member of a PDS.
1. QMF is a query/reporting environment with the ability to format reports.
2. We cannot execute more than one query.
3. We can't know the sqlcode of the query. The result of the query will not be stored anywhere.