In a client we must begin to program many stored procedures of DB2. The following doubts arise to me that I raise you to see if you can help me:
1. From a point of view of the programming: I need some document or manual (preferably in Spanish) that explains rules on like programming a procedure stored so that their yield is optimal, like structuring it (for example, if he is better to do several procedures stored small or is better to do a procedure stored greater).
Also it interests to know to me as they are the values that must have the parameters of CREATE PROCEDURE so that the yield of the procedure is very good.
You know some document on manual optimization querys DB2 or good practices programming?
2. From a point of view of Systems or DBA: I need to know the impact that can have the fact to do many procedures stored, for example, What load or to that affects: to the DB2, host, the memory, to the CPU, etc? , it would be necessary to extend some type of hardware, for example, more hard disk, more memory, etc, as the yield of the procedures stored from the point of view of systems can be improved.
My main interest is that the yield of the stored procedures that we program is very good since they will be used in applications Web that will be able to execute many users simultaneously.
If you have some document that can consult you it would thank for it very many.
I would be able to help u in a better way, if you can give the following details,
1. The programming language that u would be using for application develoment.
2. If C/C++ (or simialr), what interface u would use (CLI/ODBC).
3. If JAVA (or simial), what interface u would use (SQLJ/JDBC).