Plz. do help me by providing all details..........
1. What is tanvalet ?
2. How U go for enhancement ?
(process n steps for moving codes from production to development)
3. How many regions are there?
4. Details of the region ?
5. How a person login to the mainframe system ?
6. When u enter password will it be masked by * or blank appears ?
7. Who assign the userid and password to mainframe programmer ?
8. What is configuration management tool and what are the options u
follow in that tool for enhancement ? ( tanvalet )
Very Very Immediate reply will be highly appreciated.....
Joined: 06 Dec 2004 Posts: 211 Location: Keane Inc., Minneapolis USA.
1. Panvalet is a version control tool for IBM developed by CA.
- Client will send enhancement requirements called Ticket.
- We analyse existing program and decide where to add new code
- perform impact analysys
- Copy current session of production region into TestRegion ( Generally we use Panels to do this panels are provided by client). or use 3.4 and C to copy.
- make changes in test region and test it.
- send turnover document with session and program details
- Someone else will move the program to production after user testing
3. Generally we use Test and Production regions. But sometimes we use special regions for user training,testing and development.
4. Region is one portion of mainframe system. Every region provides a different environment.
5. We use one client SW like Hamming Bird, Extra Personal Client... it will ask for user id and password then enter them.
6. Nothing will appear just cursor moves right side
7. One administrator will be there at onsite. After Client Interaction he will assign user id and password ( mailed to you).
8. Panvalet is version control tool developed by CA.