QMF IS CALLED QUERY MANAGEMENT FACILY.
it is commonly used for bring down production data to test .
it can be used in 2 ways
1)Prompted way-where the prompted screen appears giving u the detail layout of the table and u select the fields that u want
2) sql-- how u write a normal sql query.
Joined: 23 Feb 2006 Posts: 305 Location: Hyderabad,India
Some Details abt QMF:
1. we cannot execute more than one query.
2. we can't know the sqlcode of the query.
3. In QMF result of the query you cannot store but u can export to PS.
4. Displaying a List of Database Objects
5. Viewing the Data in the Database Using Prompted Query
6. Viewing the Data in the Database Using SQL Statements
7. Customizing Your Reports
8. Displaying Your Report as a Chart
9. Creating a Procedure to Run QMF Commands
10. Creating Tables
11. Maintaining the Data in Your Tables
12. Create reports with the data in the tables
13. Edit the data in the tables.