We recently also encountered this problem. We are working in a CICSPLEX environment, and one of our files had been locked by a certain task/job/user which we were not able to locate.
The problem started like this :
- Some online transaction initiated which was updating an online file. This transaction could be under Intertest. I am not too sure though.
- Tried to close the file in the Application Owning Regions (AORs) using CEMT S CLOSE, but managed to close all except one, which gave the status PENDING REQUEST.
- When the another transaction was started that need to update the file, it abended with AFCV.
- We tried to issue an UNLOCK, but the above situations persisted.
1. Is there any way to find out who had the lock on the file ? So far, we can only managed to detect the AORs using the file.
2. Is there a way to force the CLOSE ?
We tried a workaround for the above problem. Instead of directly doing operations on the files, we introduced online access routines, wherein we used syncpoints and unlock statements. It seemed to work.