The Big Chief
Joined: 09 Sep 2001
Location: Inside the Matrix
|Expert Forum Rules (Revised on May 20, 2005)
IBMMAINFRAMES.com Expert Forum is a free, public and open community board to make a communication among worldwide mainframe professionals.
Here you can post your mainframe related doubts, share your experience and clarify your interview questions. We (members) will try to solve your problems. We expect our Members to give serious replies for the queries posted by the users. Everybody is welcome no matter if you are beginner, advanced or expert.
The Five Rules you must Follow here to confirm your membership:
1. START A NEW TOPIC TO POST YOUR QUERIES.
2. POSTS ARE TO BE MADE IN RELEVANT FORUM.
3. USE MEANINGFUL TITLE FOR YOUR TOPICS.
4. NEVER POST YOUR RESUMES OR EMAIL IDS.
5. DON'T REPLY THE TOPICS MARKED AS [SOLVED].
Before posting on this Forum you will have to agree with the following rules:
|- First of all, all posts must be written in English, there are several nationalities browsing this forum, people must be able to understand what you wrote. It doesn't matter if you write gramatically incorrect English, but avoid the temptation to write in your own tongue - Only a handful of the helpful visitors may be able to understand your post
- Treat others with respect, they are spending their time on your problem. Be patient and help others if you can. This is an all volunteer board so if your post gets answered, please remember to thank the posters for their time and effort.
- Never post your Email-IDs or IRC links in our Foum. Dont't attach your resumes in the forum. If you have to transfer any files or images use Private Messages.
- Try to solve the problem yourself before posting and make sure you have used the "Search" before posting.
- Do not use words such as "Urgent" or "Important" in your subject line. This is a discussion, not a support forum.
- Do not use all capital letters, excessive question marks (?) or exclamation points (!) in your subject or content.
- Use clear and meaningful topic titles, tell us what you've tried. Don't use the Forum name for the topic. In a nutshell, provide as much information relevent to the problem as possible. At the same time, let the post be short, to the point and not long stories ..
- Post in the right section (e.g. No JCL query in VS COBOL II Forum)
- Always watch your topics for Replies(Email Notification)
- Help others. The forum is a community, and works best when people share information.
- Give feedback. If someone helps you by answering your question, try to add a follow-up response letting them know if it worked or not. If you made it work in a different manner or you did not get any response, do make it a point to let the forum know.
- Do Not ask your doubts as a reply of another post. Start a new topic for that.
- Do Not request help via Private messages(PM) or personal emails. Post all your queries on the expert forum itself.
- Keep your inbox and outbox clean, delete unnecessary messages periodically.
-You must not use this Forum to post/attach any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, copyrighted, inaccurate, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a persons privacy.
-Try to avoid referring the links from our competitor websites. And never refer any links to the posts made in other Mainframe forums
This is a community, where our members try to help you. They do it in their own time without commitment of any kind. Bear in mind that content of a post is that of the user and doesn?t necessarily mean that it is technically proven. You use the contents at your own risk.
The content of your post/attachment MAY NOT contain any:
- Abusive language
- Links to the other Mainframe Forums
- Commercial instructions
- Unnecessary Pictures
- Copyrighted Materials
|If you forget to follow any one of the above rule, you will get a warning. If you receive more than one warning, you are not eligible to participate in the "MEMBER OF MONTH" Contest. If you receive 10 warnings, your USED ID will be banned from our Forum.
|We reserve the rights to change the forum rules at any moment, Edit or delete the posts, Private Messages and Attchments, display advertisements on Technology Basement and ban users due to misbehavior.
|OUR GOAL IS NOT POPULATION, BUT PERFECTION. So we have the rights to terminate the membership, if the user is not active for a long period(Usually for a month).
We hope you will respect the rules above and have a great time here!
The Founder of IBMMAINFRAMES.com.
Perfection Thru Performance