Hi, A catalogued procedure consists of five steps and I dont want to execute all the step , I want to skip 2nd and 4th steps in procedure and this procedure is called by JCL Program? This is possible by overriding or symbolic parameters?
Give me solution?
Joined: 26 Apr 2004 Posts: 4650 Location: Raleigh, NC, USA
I don't know exactly what your PROC looks like, but let's assume that the PROC MYPROC has five steps, PROC0001 through PROC0005. You say that you want to bypass processing for PROC steps 2 and 4. You can try this:
code which you have sent is not correct for my problem because, PROC0002 will be executed if there is abend in previous steps that is PROC0001, this is I dont want. As far as I know COND.PROC0002=ONLY means PROC0002 (step) will be executed if there is any abend in previous steps.
My question is:
1) I have a JCL program which is calling catalogued procedure.
2) catalogued procedure consists of five steps,as u assumed PROC0001,PROC0002,PROC0003,PROC0004,PROC0005.
3) When I am Running the jcl program I want to bypass steps PROC0002,PROC0004 and steps PROC0001,PROC0003,PROC0005 have to be executed.
I think my problem is clear.
I have a Idea for the above problem check this how far it is correct.
this code bypass the steps PROC0002 and PROC0004 if successful or any abends in previous steps.
This works like this.
1) step1 that is PROC0001 executed first, after execution it will return some code that might be zero or greater than zero.
2) this code is checked for condition(COND.PROC0002=(0,GE)) condition satisfies because returncode will be either zero or greater than zero.Therefore, second step(PROC0002) will be bypassed.
3)after that step3(PROC0003) will be executed,it will also return zero or greater than zero return code
4) this is compared again with the condition.
5) this process will continued until the last step that is PROC0005.
Check this is correct or not.
If you guys found better idea or solution plz send me a solution.
Just to add a correction on this post.. Out of suggested two methods to bypass PROC steps, one with COND=ONLY will not work always.
Whenever there is an abend in any of previous steps, STEP with COND=ONLY will be executed. The requirement is to bypass the step execution irrespective of other steps.
In this case,
//MYJOB JOB (...)
//STEP0001 EXEC MYPROC,
If PROC0001 abends, PROC0002 and PROC0004 will get executed.
if i need to skip the 1st of that catlog procedure then what to do?
mind it i don't have any access to procedure.where will i give the condition and what will be the condition?
thanks and regards